Here I am at Thy service O Lord, here I am


Today is the climax of the Hajj. All pilgrims will assemble at a place named Arafat where they have to stay from midday to sunset in meditation before God. After that they will move to Muzdalifah to gather pebbles for the next ritual of throwing the collected pebbles against three stone pillars (The 3 Jumrahs: - al-Ula, al-Wusta, al-Aqabah) in the neighbouring village of Mina. This ritual is to follow the act of Prophet Ibrahim (Peace be Upon Him) resisted the temptation of satan who tried to make him disobey God's order to sacrifice his beloved son, Ismail.

The order to sacrifice Ismail was to test Prophet Ibrahim's (Peace be Upon Him) faith. God is the most compassionate and merciful won't let his obedient prophet lost his son then had ransomed Ismail with a ram. Rembering this great event, all Muslims follow this ritual during the festival of Eidul Adha. It is not the blood and the flesh God seeks for but their sincerity and devotion.

I hope one day I will be able to go to Makkah to perform my Hajj. Hopefully I can go before my age turns 60. This is what I most dream for. To be there is a completion of five pillars in Islam. It would be great if I could complete the fifth pillar that to be fulfilled once in a lifetime, the Hajj or the pilgrimage to Makkah. May God accept my request to be His guest in the Holy Land and then I will also cry this talbiyah: Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik. Labbaik, La Shareeka Laka, Labbaik. Innal Hamda, Wan Ni'matah, Laka wal Mulk, La Shareeka Lak.

This could be translated as:Here I am at Thy service O Lord, here I am. Here I am at Thy service and Thou hast no partners. Thine alone is All Praise and All Bounty, and Thine alone is The Sovereignty. Thou hast no partners, here I am.

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDIL ADHA TO ALL MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS


Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Merentas Denai Masa: Makam Bendahara Tun Habib Abdul Majid (Padang Saujana)

Kenapa sambung belajar?

Selingkar Kisah...Antara Shakespeare & Ahmad Jais